During pregnancy, wearing any kind of high heels is in general not a good idea. Because during this period your weight increases and your body shape changes, as well as the center of gravity. Heels making you walk in a different way and make you less steadily. Falling during pregnancy while wearing heels may hurt you and possibly your fetus. So think twice before wearing them. In case you decide to wear heels, it is better to wear lower ones as your pregnancy is developing, and keep in mind to place comfort and safety over fashion.
Here are some risks you may face if you wear heels :
muscles are in a painful situation if you wear heels for a long period of time.
This leads to muscle spasms that may worsen during pregnancy.
2. Pain In The Back
High Heels are supposed to change your attitude. Your pelvic muscles are forward bent and give your back a rounded shape.
- During pregnancy, hormones place a great amount of weight around your abdomen, and this change in posture causes you pain.
- The ligaments of the hips and feet relax during pregnancy and wearing heels causes a high pressure on the pelvis and back joints which may make you experience severe pain. This leads to pain in the lumbar and pelvic joints and aches in ligaments.
3. Less Balance:
Excessive weight and hormonal changes can reduce the strength of your ankle.
- This is a common reason to reduce the balance.
- Wearing your heels can increase the likelihood of losing balance or tripping what can hurt you or your unborn baby.
4. Stretched Muscles:
Like the back and belly, the ankles and calf bands relax due to pregnancy hormones.
- This leads to an expansion of the leg muscles.
- Shoes that can be worn comfortably before pregnancy become tight and painful.
5. Swelling In Feet:
The condition is known as edema in the medical condition, which means swelling of the feet and ankles which is very common during pregnancy.
- Wearing narrow shoes and high heels or platform heels will make the problem worse.
- At the end of pregnancy wearing High Heels can lead to feet swelling.
- It may accumulate more fluid in the lower part of your body and you can feel pain with swollen feet.
Pregnant women, who wear high heels are always at a high danger of having a miscarriage. You may fall or bent while wearing heels, and this can lead you to some serious problems like having a miscarriage. Thus it is better to stay away from heels while you are pregnant.
Some Useful Tips To Wear High Heels During Pregnancy:
We do not recommend wearing high heels during your pregnancy, as this probably will cause serious damage to you and your fetus. However, consider the following tips in case you need to wear them:
- It is normal to wear low heels during pregnancy. After that, the hormonal flow increases and the muscles begin to grow.
- Wear low and steady heels.
- Please buy comfortable shoes that do not hold your feet.
- Avoid stiletto heels, Plateau heels and kitten heels. The thinner your heel, the less support you have and the harder it is to keep the balance.
- If you need to wear your heels throughout the day, take a break. You remove them a little bit and let your feet relax and put them back. Wearing a wedge heel during pregnancy is not recommended as it increases the focus of changes affecting weight, shape, and gait. In addition, the ligaments can loosen up, resulting in muscle tension and joint instability.
- Do not walk or stand in High Heels for parties or excursions. If you need to wear it to get a good look, try to sit more often.
- It is better to replace high heels with flat shoes for everyday works.
- If you are wearing heels and feeling discomfort, stretch your calf muscles and gently massage your feet.
We hope this article helped you, if you have any questions or feedback do not hesitate to mention them in the comment section below, we will be so happy to help you!
WOMEN STICK TOGETHER, SHARING IS CARING!